Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Funtime with the Monopoly



User William has entered room
analyst Jaspreet has entered room

Jaspreet
3:39PM

Hello William_, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Jaspreet. Please give me one moment to review your information.

Jaspreet
3:39PM

I am here to assist you, This is to apprise that please do not click the back button of browser as it will close the current chat session.

William
3:39PM

My Issue: 1

Jaspreet
3:40PM

William, can you please elaborate your concern so that I can help you properly.

William
3:43PM

Two people have attempted to initiate the service following on incorrect start-up procedure without my permission; I would like to start over, using proper procedure - must I "erase" the existing account to achieve this? Also, I'm being overcharged from the initial estimate I received, this, without prior notice. Thank you, Jaspreet, I will wait ,,,

Jaspreet
3:45PM

As I understand your concern correctly, you want to set up your account again, am I correct?

William
3:47PM

Essentially, yes. Otherwise, internet is not available through the normal account's process, but rather through the use of Xfinity hotspots. No one in your company has detected this error ! lol ...

Jaspreet
3:49PM

So you are getting issue with your internet services?

William
3:50PM

Yes. Sounds to me like a job for a Technical service person - would you agree, sir? thanks ...

William
3:51PM

Or merely a question, of course. Rather interesting a conundrum ...

Jaspreet
3:51PM

Yes William we are from the technical department and I will help you with your issue.

William
3:52PM

Excellent, sir! I'm so glad I found you!

Jaspreet
3:53PM

Thank You so much for your kind words.

Jaspreet
3:53PM

Let me help you with your internet issue.

William
3:53PM

After questioning these good-hearted (yet impatient ) people I deduced they skipped right to a password avoiding acct #'s or ssid, etc

William
3:54PM

The first i told "don't do it" five times - then I turned my back ...

William
3:56PM

A visit from a service person to exchange a "tainted" ,odem - then he ran out the door. He was 2 hours late, poor kid, probably hungry for his dinner!

William
3:56PM

modem

Jaspreet
3:56PM

Just to confirm, you are getting issue with your Internet services?

William
3:57PM

yes sir

Jaspreet
3:57PM

I will go ahead and perform the troubleshooting

William
3:57PM

thank you

Jaspreet
3:57PM

I am now going on to perform a diagnostic test on your services & equipment with the MAC address you have provided on your account. This health check verifies the current status of your equipment and your services. It should only take 2-3 minutes for the results.IS it okay with you?

William
3:58PM

of course - MAC doesn't mean Apple i hope I have PC

William
3:59PM

Pardon my poor joke ...

Jaspreet
3:59PM

No issue William.

Jaspreet
3:59PM

Meanwhile May I know How are you connected to your internet, Is it wired or wireless and is the issue with all the devices or some specific devices?

William
4:00PM

wireless; only two coaxial connections in house; all devices, limited to lap tops or a desk top;

Jaspreet
4:00PM

Thank you for the detail.

Jaspreet
4:01PM

I have run the test on your internet service. We need to refresh your Comcast Internet connection from the server, with this, your modem needs to be reset. this will disconnect you from this chat for seconds but you will get back to me after this; just do not close the chat page. Is it okay for me to reset your modem now?

William
4:01PM

3 in total

William
4:01PM

continue please I will keep "hands off" !

Jaspreet
4:02PM

Okay William.

Jaspreet
4:02PM

I appreciate your cooperation.

Jaspreet
4:04PM

I am now resetting your modem from my end. Please stay connected.

Jaspreet
4:07PM

I have successfully reset your modem and the device is online at my end, Please try and surf some websites

William
4:08PM

allow me to switch provider systems; I'm currently on a hot spot - shall I proceed? I expect some sign-in issues might arise ...

Jaspreet
4:10PM

You will now enjoy your services.

William
4:10PM

I'm using an Xfinity wifi hotspot that exists. No problems there,

Jaspreet
4:10PM

Perfect.

William
4:10PM

I haven't moved yet - don't go away - wait wait wait wait - I

William
4:11PM

i'm not on the service

Jaspreet
4:11PM

Sure William.

William
4:12PM

aaaannnddd there it is - I have no "security key" to offer it

William
4:13PM

I am not connected to Home xxxxx

Jaspreet
4:14PM

Okay William, If you did not change the security key any time.

William
4:14PM

the hotspot I mention is not of this client but from another whose permanence is uncertain

Jaspreet
4:14PM

Then you can check it from your modem's backside.

William
4:14PM

one moment please ....

Jaspreet
4:14PM

Please check the security key from your modem's backside after that please enter it.

Jaspreet
4:14PM

Sure

William
4:16PM

would that be S/N 285111310 or similar format?

Jaspreet
4:17PM

There is one ssid and network name exits, please check it.

William
4:17PM

two ssid's

William
4:18PM

beginning with "HOME"

William
4:18PM

I assume these are your "security keys"?

Jaspreet
4:19PM

Yes please select 2.4GHz network name.

Jaspreet
4:19PM

As your modem is dual band so there are two network name and two security keys.

William
4:19PM

the same as is listed in providers on my lap top

William
4:20PM

I will employ the first. one moment please ...

Jaspreet
4:20PM

Sure

William
4:22PM

No, wait ... that's not right - I'm just repeating the name in the provider list. Do you mean the password?

Jaspreet
4:22PM

yes correct.

William
4:22PM

I think we all need a lesson in correct grammar ...

Jaspreet
4:22PM

Security key is your wifi password

William
4:22PM

well ... now we're getting somewhere ...

user William_ has left room
user William has entered room

William
4:25PM

no connection

Jaspreet
4:26PM

Have you got your security key/ wifi password?

William
4:27PM

eight6858xxxxxx

William
4:28PM

probably changed on reset

Jaspreet
4:29PM

Please search for your network name and after that please enter the security key there.

Jaspreet
4:30PM

Then you will be able to connect your devices with that network name

William
4:31PM

HOME-29-xxx / eight6858xxxxxx I'll try it again

Jaspreet
4:36PM

Yes correct one please try to connect.

user William_ has left room
user William has entered room

user William_ has left room
user William has entered room

Jaspreet
4:42PM

I hope we didn't lose each other. Are we still connected?

user William_ has left room
user William has entered room

Jaspreet
4:43PM

William is your issue resolved?

William
4:45PM

well - run through the wringer again ... i should just cancel, tell them pick up their equipment and I don't pay a dime. No, I never verified an account - i couldn't - they sent a text to my phone with a link - I don't have internet on the phone - the only thing is ... in this region Xfinity is a monopoly!!!!!!!!

Jaspreet
4:45PM

I apologize for the inconvenience that caused to you.

William
4:45PM

I'll look up Century Link again while I await an answer ...

William
4:46PM

three weeks Jaspreet - from the ridiculous to the sublime - it's not your fault - you have to work with what they give you

Jaspreet
4:46PM

William Please serach your network name and after that enter your security key there it will help you to connect your internet on your phone.

William
4:47PM

I refuse to put internet on my phone

William
4:47PM

Never!

Jaspreet
4:48PM

Oh okay No issue William, Let me provide you best alternate as you are not able to do that from your end.

William
4:49PM

You know what their service people do? they throw wires across the roof -

William
4:49PM

what a mickey mouse outfit

William
4:49PM

4

Jaspreet
4:51PM

Please stay connected.

William
4:53PM

your text just came from link to set up a user name - its the wrong one. what a joke ... it's a curse word!

Jaspreet
4:54PM

William let me share the another alternate as you are not able to access your internet on your phone

Jaspreet
4:56PM

We have a dedicated department which will help you remotely to fix your concern. The number is 1800-934-6489.You no need to explain everything to that department I have mentioned in your account's notes. The steps is to call on Our technical department.

Jaspreet
4:56PM

next step*

Jaspreet
4:57PM

We are available to answer your questions at your convenience, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This is the XFINITY Customer Commitment.

Jaspreet
4:57PM

To sum up, I have run the health check on your account and did troubleshooting to resolve it and after that I will share the technical team number with you.

William
4:59PM

yes sir

Jaspreet
4:59PM

I appreciate your cooperation.

Jaspreet
5:00PM

William you are really a supportive person.

Jaspreet
5:00PM

Please call us our technical department they will remotely fix your issue.

Jaspreet
5:01PM

We appreciate your business and value you as a customer. Please do not use the back button of the browser. If you use the back button it will start the chat again.Have a great day and a wonderful life ahead,

William
5:01PM

Oh, I know that number! It was found after trying ten others that were disconnected ...

William
5:02PM

Jaspreet, Jaspreet - we are all beholding to our masters - unless we say *no* ... thank you

Jaspreet
5:02PM

Okay let me share the link with you where you can arrange call back from our technical department

William
5:03PM

yes sir

Jaspreet
5:03PM

callback arrange link : https://www.xfinity.com/support/schedule-callback/

Jaspreet
5:03PM

We are available to answer your questions at your convenience, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This is the XFINITY Customer Commitment.

Jaspreet
5:03PM

Our team will call you within 24 hours and resolve your issue,.

William
5:04PM

copy that sir - I pray all will be well with you and yo9ur children ...

Jaspreet
5:06PM

William, I can understand your position right now

Jaspreet
5:06PM

But please be assured I have done my best to help you.

Jaspreet
5:06PM

I hope we have answered all of your concern to your satisfaction today?

William
5:07PM

Thank you jaspreet - we've done all we can - good luck, sir

Jaspreet
5:07PM

You're most welcome William.

Jaspreet
5:07PM

, Have a great day and a wonderful life ahead.

William
5:07PM

But of course!


No comments: