Sunday, October 15, 2017

All the words that begin with "re"




So I was cleaning out an Email account of mine, glancing at the subjects and recalling the text (I tend to remember written words and images better than hearing them spoken or recorded) and once I got so far I just said, "to Hell with it, there's nothing here", and just clicked next to the section header and BANG, I hit delete and they were gone. Kind of like starting anew, a new life and new situations to go along with it.

Down the memory hole went the old, as many are want to say, more so our media and the attention span of our general public ... and those bits and pieces of stories and anecdotes that slip through the sieve of deceit and linger, embarrassingly, on the mind and public conscious. If you ever want to talk about self-denial, this is a well of inspiration, or self-inflicted amnesia, more appropriately said.

But I didn't get them all. A handful of correspondences remained. And right there at the top was a copy of a letter I had sent to myself. I looked at the date and thought awhile on all that had come to pass since.

The original addressee was an outfit that tends to lobby for Constitutional practices in our government. One of those you might lump together with proponents of right wing extremism. That's assuming you're not very well read or easily manipulated or prone to hysteria; or maybe you just want to be part of a crowd that looks cool in your mind's eye. That's Ok. I was giving them a hard time, too. One of my little quirks, I tend to do that when people are getting killed and nations are being destroyed. I'm an odd fellow that way. I don't tend to quit, either. Just for grins, here's the letter (I try to come off like a real badass, don't I? Appearances matter so much ...).

***

Subject: Re: ACTION: Vote on Congressional War Power



Quote: "This authorization 15 years ago was a total abandonment of Congress’s duty to declare war that was justified by the myths that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction"... Unquote. (referring to this: Authorization For Use Of Military Force in Response to the 9/11 Attacks (P.L. 107-40): Legislative History)

What is your most important piece of legislation you're trying to drive home? Which one involves the greatest misappropriation of funds in your reckoning?

What action would relieve the most suffering, and potential for future harm, to innocent people across the globe?

Which of your assertions do you deem most winnable, in the shortest time span? Which is the most heinous act of clandestine gov't that you can imagine or point to?

Well, I thought I was getting my ass kicked , personally. I've been laughed at, screamed at, ignored, phished, spied on, stifled and been made the butt of jokes and derision.

A pretty good start if I do say so myself.
I noticed something though. People are repeating my complaints, taking heed of my grievances, adding emphasis to insults hurled at the quitters and naysayers.

They're gettin' mad - and that was my goal in the first place
. Grab somebody by the collar and shake 'em, jumble their senses, like a drunken lout who pissed on my floor.

That's right. My floor. It's mine, and I challenge anyone to step up and try to take it. Take it back, i.e., from the deceivers who stole it in the first place. Procedure implores you, it demands!

. . . and I don't even get paid a salary.

***

Well, there it is. A call to Repeal the 2001 AUMF and force Congress to publicly debate the continuation of the destruction of the Middle East and further the goals of American Empire and Hegemony. Did you ever consider what would happen if only a few thousand people would threaten to unseat their various Congressional Representatives for their dereliction of duty to you and the Nation? I know the answer, because I've done it before - they would follow your command. Insurmountable, you say? That's how the Constitution works, in part, at least. You do not need banners or signs, lawyers or slogans; you don't need to leave your house even. Give it a try. You'll look really cool - observing your right to do so.


. . . ::::::::


1 comment:

bandit said...


well, lookee there. "Technical Difficulties"

This is willie's look of total surprise ...

Best read 'em while ya got 'em.