Monday, July 3, 2017

January 2011 Dottie Dot Awards

.







Dottie, the mascot and editor-in-chief of the Haiku Bandit Society, has determined the three best Moon Viewing Party poems for the month of January, 2011. Forthwith, here are the recipients of this month's Dottie Dot Awards!


... It seems the cold weather and a new beginning (I've returned to school after a long hiatus) has made us both rather tired. Seeing as how all this month's contributors are past winners (well deserved!), we'd like to leave you with this poem that caught our eye:


a toy flute trills
a cane click-clacks...
winter moon

-Issa, 1816

http://cat.xula.edu/issa/




To view previous month's winners click here.




.

4 comments:

Melissa Allen said...

So far, that is my favorite Internet video of the year. I think it counts as my meditation for the day.

And as usual, Issa puts us all to shame. No matter how winner-y we are. :)

bandit said...

love ya, babe!

Pasadena Adjacent said...

How did you ever keep from busting up laughing? You need to take Dotty for a walk over to my blog pronto. It will all make sense

me said...

Your dog snores louder than mine. I have mistaken his snoring for the shed door being opened and then realised it was only the dog!