Friday, September 29, 2017

Reconciliation








trying to reconcile my image of a semi-retired slouch
with my OCD has been no Spring picnic










more people seem fixated on a speckled fawn
than concerned with a flight of geese










poets anthropomorphize plants and rocks and things
while I struggle with inanimate objects










my MMPI reveals a predilection for occasional chairs that swivel










more than once I've been called upon to ask myself,
"What would a Monkey do?"









I never understood what they meant by "fat ladies in glasses"
until I'd been under surveillance by the Secret Service











they talk of War and all the while I've fought myself
and I'm one tough son-of-a-bitch
















2 comments:

bandit said...


1. the back forty
2. ritual sacrifice
3. paquito rojo - lil' red
4. the inner sanctum
5. themes from "a Clockwork Orange"
6. contemplation on a puddle of rust
7. staving off desire
8. bandit and moonfly

Anonymous said...

here we are, Will,
still
and still, too

good to hear your voice again,
Donna