Wednesday, March 7, 2018

March 2011 Dottie Dot Awards

.




















Dottie, the mascot and editor-in-chief of the Haiku Bandit Society, has determined the three best Moon Viewing Party poems for the month of March, 2011. Forthwith, here are the recipients of this month's Dottie Dot Awards!



To view previous month's winners click here.






drinking
his eyes
meet
the moon

Daniel Py,
Paris,
France









dawn drizzle,
the breakfast chemistry set -
an amber moon


comrade harps








Through the misery moon
At last united with
Those Far Towns' eyes

Tito













mouseface





.

8 comments:

me said...

congrats to the haiku wizards! :) i will be off for a bit but will have a look sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Oh Dottie
You never pee at our house
Anymore.

bandit said...

Build a pile of snow and they will come.

comrade harps said...

Thankyou Dottie!

And here I was thinking that the other one I submitted was better.

Whom am I to disagree?

bandit said...

Sorry Comrade, but "mouse face" ate that one.

Tito said...

I read somewhere the March moon this year was the biggest for 25 years.

bandit said...

Yes, but to my chagrin, overcast has prevailed for the last few days.
I recall reading the interval was 18 years; was it approximately 30,000 miles closer to Earth in its elliptical orbit. (my apologies - I seem to be a wealth of information these days)

We did experience a nice blizzard this morning though - I had to reload a few hundred pounds of sandbags to the back of the truck just to make way.

Now, we wait for the floods . . .

Anonymous said...

The first one listed is just beautiful, bravo.