Saturday, January 29, 2022

Maidan

 
I'd just spent time analyzing my troublesome laptop with a computer tech, online, in the winter of 2014. This guy was different than any I'd spoken to before. He'd just recommended a competitor over his own software. I wanted to know more about the man.

"Where are you from, friend?"

"Ukraine."

His tone belied a weight as though burdened with some calculation - I'd heard of trouble. Not many others had. I couldn't quite phrase the question, fresh on my mind, uncertain as I was in how to frame it.
 

All I could muster was to ask about the weather. Where I live we boast of our Latitude as though it's some great fete to survive such extremes.




Maidan -
 the technician reports,
"it's cold as fuck"



Ihor Kolomoïsky did not kill himself.








No comments: