Monday, March 25, 2024

spring snow

 

"This is enjoyable for a lot of folks. It's been such a mild winter otherwise. They're forecasting eight to ten inches." 
 
"Really? It's funny; I was just telling a friend earlier of a time I was in South West Texas and watching the scorpions come out to hunt beneath my cot after dark. I was just a little boy.
 
"I shouldn't be surprised, I am a Midwesterner, after all."
 
We thanked each other and I walked out of the market to my car, careful to avoid the snowplow's path.

spring snow --
the moon invisible behind
a wall of clouds



 
 

1 comment:

bandit said...


Well, that's good to see. Google, which owns Blogger, has allowed notifications of new posts after all.
They just won't acknowledge My sign-in, is all. I've deleted my gmail accounts. They haven't blocked my postings again, either. Not since a couple weeks, at least.
They are one strange, little company.